All Church Activities are Cancelled Until Further Notice
The Board of Trustees and Rev. Greg have, like many of you, been monitoring the developments in regard to COVID-19 (a.k.a. “novel coronavirus”). We noted Gov. Carney’s declaration of a State of Emergency in Delaware and being attentive to CDC and DHHS guidance, as well as advice and counsel offered by the Unitarian Universalist Association.
The Board has discerned that we will suspend all gatherings at the church and close the building. Therefore:
- Building: The Mill Creek building is closed effective immediately.
- Sunday Services: All in-person Sunday services programs are suspended effective immediately.
- Meetings and Events: All in-person group meetings and events are suspended. Groups who absolutely need to meet are encouraged to use digital meeting software to connect online. We strongly recommend that no group meetings should be held off-site or in alternate locations.
- Chalice Circles: We recommending Chalice Circles suspend their in-person meetings.
- Religious Education: All Adult, Youth, and Children RE programming is suspended.
- Staff: Our staff may opt to work from home or in the office as they choose and as the situation evolves. Please understand that the staff may have to be in the building, but the doors will remain locked.
- Renters: All rental events are suspended, effective immediately
This suspension of programs and closure of the building will continue until we discern it is safe to reopen.
We are a community that invites you to awaken to love.
The Unitarian Universalist Society of Mill Creek is a liberal church community that supports spiritual growth through the exploration and discovery of the world within us and around us. We offer religious education for all ages as well as events and social justice opportunities for adults and families. Our worship services, accompanied by our choir or guest musicians, are inspiring and empowering. Childcare is available for babies and toddlers.
Visitors are always welcome at our services and invited to stay for refreshments and conversation following the service.