Our Whole Lives Class (O.W.L.)
Attention 7th, 8th, and 9th grade Parents – It’s time to get ready for O.W.L. Interested parents are encouraged to attend an informational meeting on Sunday, August 12 (12:00 – 1:00) when we will answer questions and distribute complete information and the schedule for the 2018-19 O.W.L. program at Mill Creek.
Attention RE Teachers – Mark your calendars!
It’s time to get ready for the New Year! Please attend the “Touching Base” Meeting for your group:
- Chalice Children Teachers – Sunday, August 5 (9:15 – 10:15)
- Roots and Shoots Teachers –Sunday, August 12 (11:45 – 12:45)
- Youth Advisors – Sunday, August 12 (9:15-10:15)
- O.W.L. Teachers – Sunday, August 19 (9:15-10:15)
- ALL R.E. VOLUNTEERS (SERVING CHILDREN AND YOUTH) GATHER TOGETHER Sunday, August 26 (11:45-1:00). Lunch provided. Let us know if you need childcare.
RE Classroom Cleaning and Door Decorating Party!
Join us on Saturday, August 25 from 10 am to 12 noon to clean out some clutter and get our classrooms ready for September. Bring yoru creativity and ideas to decorate the classroom doors for the fall RE classes. We’ll play music and offer plenty of snacks to keep the party going!
Coming this Fall! Adult RE Workshop: The Work that Reconnects
Saturdays: Sept 15 and 29; Oct 13 & 27, 9 am – 1 pm
Deepening global crises surround us, causing many to fall prey to denial and despair. In this workshop we will explore how grief, anger and fear are healthy responses to the harsh realities of our time, and that when honored through the practice of The Work that Reconnects, they can free us from paralysis and move us toward creative action. this class is based on the work of Joanna Macy, Chris Johnstone, Molly Young Brown, et al. Facilitated by Julia Smagorinsky. Click here to register