The Unitarian Universalist Society of Mill Creek is located near the intersection of Paper Mill Road and Polly Drummond Hill Road in Newark, Delaware (see map below).
Worship services are at 10:30 a.m. on Sundays. All are welcome to stay after service for coffee hour. On the second Sunday of the month we have a potluck luncheon following the service. Adult religious education classes are often held before service, beginning at 9:15 a.m. Learn what to expect at our worship services.
Please visit the staff page for office hours and contact information.
It is a one-level building with ADA-compliant thresholds and doorways. There are five handicap parking spots in front of the building, including a van spot.
We are happy to provide the use of our facility for weddings, banquets, meetings, recitals, and other events. Available space includes our sanctuary, library, kitchen, and classrooms.
Basic information and amenities
- – UUSMC is ADA compliant.
- – Our sanctuary accommodates approximately 75 people for banquet-style events or 180 people for meetings in theater style. Eight round and 12 rectangular banquet-style tables are available for use in this room.
- – Six classrooms of varying size are available. Inquire for more information.
- – Our library has comfortable lounge-style seating for 10 people. No food or beverages are allowed in this room.
- – The kitchen may be used only for heating prepared food brought to the premises in a safe and acceptable manner. Due to licensing restrictions, we do not allow food preparation or cooking of any kind.
- – Paved parking is available for 47 vehicles in addition to street parking.
- – Set-up and clean-up are the sole responsibilities of the renter.
- – Special note: UUSMC facility and grounds is a non-smoking site.
Building use fees
A security deposit equal to the total facility use fee is required upon reservation and will be refunded within 30 days upon our favorable inspection of the premises after your event.
When food and beverages are served, a non-refundable, non-negotiable cleaning fee of $175 is required at the time of reservation to cover the cost of UUSMC’s cleaning service.
Reduced fees for multiple use may apply for qualifying events or groups. Please inquire with office administrator.
UUSMC rental fees and terms of usage are subject to change without notice at our sole discretion. We reserve the right to accept or decline any facility use request based on its compatibility with the principles and goals of the Society.
For more building rental information, please contact our office administrator at 302-369-2712 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paved parking is available for 47 vehicles in addition to street parking. There is a single row of parking in front of the building and ample parking behind the building.
Overflow parking is available in the adjacent Paper Mill Park.