The Service Auction is a fun and entertaining evening when members and friends gather together for a delicious meal and bid on donated items and services in live and silent auctions. The winning bidder(s) receives the item(s), experience(s) or service(s), and the church keeps the proceeds. The event serves as Mill Creek’s largest fundraiser.
In past years we’ve seen many varied and high quality items up for auction, such as handmade jewelry, quilts, original artworks, gift baskets, decorative dishes, small collectibles…but there’s much more to the Service Auction than specific Items up for bid. Last week we offered several ways in which you could share your knowledge as an auction item. This week are once again putting the emphasis on Service and have come up with some very specific services you could provide to others. Consider…
- Car Wash/Wax/Detail/Tune-up – winter and spring – 1, 2 or more cars
- Sew a Halloween/School Play Costume – 1 or more
- Christmas present wrapping
- At-home haircut/blow-out/highlighting/straightening/up-do/coloring
- Rides to church for a month of Sundays
- Freshly baked bread/rolls for a special event, or 2, 4 or 6 times
- Respite service for a caregiver
- Iron & starch 10 dress shirts
- Pet sitting/walking
- Customized scrapbook page(s)
- 1 hour (or more) of home/office/basement/teen’s room/garage cleaning
- Hem 6 pairs of slacks
- Transfer old home movies to CD or flash drive
- Piano/guitar/violin/flute/trumpet/recorder/drums/voice lessons
- Sew scout badges for a year
- Yard care services-weeding/raking/grass cutting/tree trimming/mulching
Just like last week’s list – these too can be offered in multiple numbers…and consider bundling them according to your skill set! Don’t worry when setting a price point for your offerings – our Service Auction Team members can assist you with this!
Have fun, be creative and think outside the box for your donations this year!